HELPFUL STORM INFORMATION -
Hurricane Michael (October 2018)
Welcome to the Dougherty County Board of Commissioners page regarding helpful community information for Hurricane Michael (October 2018)!
Below are valuable resources and information provided by community partners:
• Storm Debris Resident Guide
• FEMA Fact Sheet
- FEMA is now offering disaster assistance for citizens in the affected areas. You can reach
FEMA by calling 800-621-3362, online at disasterassistance.gov or in person at one of the
Disaster Recovery Centers operating in the region. A FEMA team is stationed at the Albany
Civic Center, meeting directly with residents effected by Hurricane Michael. They are open
during business hours from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. daily.
- All volunteers must register with the Community Organizations Active in Disaster (COAD) at
925 Pine Ave and receive a bright pink tag/placard for their windshields that designates them
as legitimate volunteers.
- All contractors must register with the Business License office at 240 Pine Ave. and receive a
bright yellow tag/placard for their windshields. If volunteers/contractors are unable to produce this documentation, residents need to call the EOC or law enforcement. The safety of our residents is of utmost importance.
- Important dates and information can be found on the County's Special News and Events page and Dougherty County Emergency Management Agency facebook page.
« Return to the News & Events Page
« Return to the Citizen Information Page