Jail Detention Officer - $13.40 hour, $27,888 annually
- An employee in this position is responsible for performing a variety of correctional duties relative to the control, safety, security and supervision of inmates detained at the Dougherty County Jail.
- Supervises inmates 24/7 to include during meals, kitchen work, intake process, labor activities and exercise.
- Works twelve (12) hour shifts.
Requirements for Employment
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be a United States Citizen
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent
- Must be able to pass a physical fitness test
- Must be a Certified Jailer or eligible for Jail Detention Officer certification status in accordance with Georgia State Standards
- Must be able to clear background investigation
- Must provide a certified copy of current Compass or Asset test scores
Applicant must successfully pass the pre-employment process, which includes comprehensive background investigation and successfully complete an interview prior to receiving a conditional job offer. To receive a final job offer the applicant must pass a polygraph test, physical fitness test, physical exam, and alcohol/drug testing. Each segment of the application process must be followed and completed in accordance with the guidelines and time restraints applied during the process. If your information is not fully complete and on time you will be removed from the hiring process. The law enforcement profession demands thoroughness and work completed in a timely manner begins in the application process.
If you feel you meet or exceed these requirements, please complete the following applications:
Click Here to complete an employment application with Dougherty County.
Thank you for considering employment with the Dougherty County Sheriff’s Office. If you have any questions, please email us.
Dougherty County Sheriff's Office | Judicial Building | 225 Pine Avenue | Albany, Georgia 31701 | 229.431.3259